Monday, August 6, 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum


I saw the Bourne Ultimatum this past Friday, and, even though I had to sit in the second row, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I guess I'll have to watch it again, but even after the one viewing from shitty seats, I have to say it is the best of the series. The action and plot just move, with less sitting around reflecting and thinking and such than in the first two. It also has one of the cooler chase scenes I've seen, where Bourne is talking to a reporter through a cell phone and telling him how to avoid a band of CIA agents tailing him through a crowded train station. The whole movie could have been done like that and I would have been satisfied. One thing I noticed, however, is that Matt Damon appears to be on steroids for this movie. It could just be because I was sitting so close to the screen, but his head seemed huge. For comparison's sake, here's a picture of Damon from Bourne Supremacy.

And here he is in Bourne Ultimatum.

Also, notice the jaw line. It is eerily similar to pro wrestler Kurt Angle's, who I'm told by those who know has a prototypical juicer jawline.

And, finally, there is this training picture for the movie. Need I say more.

1 comment:

nonsensefree said...

Or maybe he's just getting older...