Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Music Tuesday: Tokyo Rose, The Bees, Reel Big Fish

Here are some hot new tracks (or overlooked older tracks) for you to look for (and maybe even some albums to buy or download or record onto a cassette tape after you borrow the CD from your bunkmate at summer camp).

Tokyo Rose-"Spectacle" from New American Saint



These guys just released a new album (The Promise in Compromise) that caught my ear while browsing I-Tunes. They're a little emo, but without a little emo, are you even human?

The Bees-"Listening Man" from Octopus



A nice song (and album) to just kick back and grooooooooooove on.

Reel Big Fish-"Beer" from Turn the Radio Off




A blast from the past that I enjoy a quite a bit.

The Clipse-"Dirty Money" from Hell Hath No Fury



I wish I had some dirty money to throw at strippers' asses and buy Louis Vuitton handbags for my mom. (Also, I don't think this is the Clipse's official video for this song.)

Drive-By Truckers-"Where the Devil Don't Stay" from The Dirty South




I kind of hate southern rock, but these guys rock, in their sound and in their style, as well as containing pretty goddamn well-written lyrics.

No comments: